Step 1: Avoid Carb-Based Insulin Spikes
Whenever you snack on your favourite high carb foods all by themselves, they immediately SPIKE insulin, which is your body’s primary storage hormone, so it FORCES your body straight into a fat STORING environment.
The digestion of simple carbohydrates begins the second they hit your mouth so your hormones have to properly manage the fast acting carbohydrates properly or you’ll immediately start storing these carbs as fat.
This is why you should NEVER snack on your favourite high carb foods without combining them with other foods.
The easiest way for you to avoid this fat storing nightmare is to always combine your carbs with a complete animal protein and a fibrous vegetable. This will help stabilise insulin to keep your body in fat-burning environment and help your body use the extra carbs available for energy needs.
Step 2: Stop Carb Based Fat Spillover
So ANY and ALL impact carbs you eat will “spill over” and be stored on your body as ugly adipose tissue (i.e. fat).
However, there are three super simple stages of carbohydrate storage… and if you understand how they work, you can eat your favourite carbs and NEVER have to worry about storing them as fat on your body.
But if you don’t, you’ll consistently suffer from carb-based fat “spillover” and continue to accumulate more belly fat and even develop ugly pockets of cellulite.
The first two were briefly discussed above.
- Stage 1: Immediate Energy Needs: As soon as a carb hits your mouth, you MUST make sure you’re going to burn them off (pre-workout) or you have room in your energy tank to store them for later use.
- Stage 2: Storage in your Muscles & Liver: Next, your body stores carbohydrates as glycogen in the muscle and the liver as a source of energy for movement and daily function. Storage continues until the muscle and/or liver is full.
- Stage 3: Carb Based Spillover and Fat Storage: After just a few short days, when energy intake is abundant and little or no energy is expended, muscle and liver stores over fill and your body starts storing the unused carbohydrates as fat.
In other words, if you’re not SMART about your carb intake, your muscles and liver will “fill up” with glycogen. When this happens, every time you consume carbs they’ll start to “spillover” and automatically be stored as fat.
Step 3: Stop Eating Carbs at the Wrong Times
But when you consume lots of your favorite carbs at the right times (and even cheat foods at specific times), you’ll NEVER have to worry about them making you look thicker and fatter.
Here are 3 simple ways you time your carb intake to LIMIT stage 3 fat-spillover and KEEP your body burning fat.
- GOOD: A good time of day to eat your favourite carbohydrates is first thing in the morning when your metabolic rate is higher and insulin sensitivity is peaking “naturally”. After being in a “fasted” state while you sleep there’s way more room in your energy tank to let the carbs in without ANY fat storage. This strategy works even better if you exercise during the morning hours.
- BETTER: An even better time to consume impact carbs is 3 to 4 hours before you exercise. This will ensure the carbs you consume are burned off during and after the workout to avoid fat-spillover and prevent muscle loss. It will also provide you with increased energy levels throughout your workout. Better performance equals more fat and calories burned during and after the workout.
- BEST: The best time to consume your favourite carbs is post-workout. When you use the right type of exercise, your muscles act like a sponge that’s been rung dry, so your body will literally “soak up” all your favourite carbs. Timing your carb intake properly is one the ways you can enjoy ALL the fat-burning benefits of carbs while LIMITING fat-storage.
Simply put, if you eat carbs at the wrong times, you’ll STORE fat, but if you eat carbs with the right foods at the right times, you’ll BURN fat.
This nutrition method gives you the flexibility to eat the foods you love while strategically using carbs, and all your favourite cheat foods, as a way to rapidly speed up your metabolic rate, preserve lean muscle tissue, and trigger fat to be your primary energy source – all at the same time.
But unfortunately, most people have been misled so they’ll never have access to this information so they’ll continue to consume carbs the wrong way, causing havoc on their metabolisms, suppress their fat-burning hormones, and STOP their body from using fat as fuel – WITHOUT even knowing it.
For more information on how to lose weight effectively as well as eating healthily, please give me a call on 07595 517285 or click here.